Golden Cradle Adoption Services is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that relies on your generous contributions to run most effectively. There are many reasons to continue to support us.
Your tax deductible donation will ensure that we offer an immediate, live response on the pregnancy hotline to someone who does not know where to turn when she realizes that she is pregnant. We will be able to provide information and a full range of services to a woman who needs counseling, shelter, medical care or transportation. We can continue to provide After Adoption seminars for young men and women who 18-30 years ago were just babies in the arms of new and loving families. We are committed to keeping these services available to all past, current and future clients and your support makes it possible.
There are also many ways to support us:
Monetary gifts help our general operating expenses, financial aid for adoptive families, child based grants and support of special needs children. You can send a check to us at GCAS, 95 West Gate Drive, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Don't forget to check if your employer offers matching gifts! Your employer may match, double or even triple every dollar that you donate. Please check with your Human Resources person or department to determine if you can increase your contribution with a matching gif from your employer.
Donation of Stock
Making a donation of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other securities may provide you with significant tax benefits. Here's an example of how it works:
- You purchase shares, bonds, etc. and hold them for at least one year.
- The original investment was $1000, and your shares are now worth $4000.
- By donating the shares to Golden Cradle you may claim a charitable deduction of the current market value - $4000.
- Because you have donated the shares, you are not liable for the capital gains tax on the difference between the purchase price and the "sale" price.
To learn more about how to donate stock, please contact Kathy Hawk, Golden Cradle's Business Manager (856-428-1180) or ask your broker to deliver the number shares you wish to contribute to our account #60F-02098-11 001 at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, LLC. Of course you will receive a letter acknowledging your tax-deductible contribution. If you have any questions about stock donations, please feel free to contact our broker, Walt Urban, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, at 800-932-0037. . Please make sure that a notification of the transaction is provided to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the simplest planned gifts is a bequest through your will in which you designate either a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate after other disbursements. In addition to supporting Golden Cradle, it serves as an example to your heirs of the values and ideals you hold dear. A bequest also can reduce the amount of your taxable estate, which may increase the actual amount available to loved ones.
Planned Gifts — The Great Giving Program
Types of planned gifts:
- Cash/Appreciated Securities
- Life Insurance
- Qualified Retirement Plans
Leave a lasting legacy by planning a future gift to Golden Cradle Adoption Services.
Planned gifts are generally directed to our endowment. The income generated by the endowment is used as a stable source of funding each year.
Since the principal of the endowment only grows, it offers a long-term solution — and gives you the peace of mind that Golden Cradle Adoption Services will continue providing solutions to the adoption community's greatest needs.
Why Planned Giving?
- Organize your Financial Goals. Decide which programs are important to you and deserve your support.
- Peace of Mind. Know that you are making an investment in the future well-being of the adoption community.
- Tax Benefits. Many planned gifts provide significant capital gains and estate tax forgiveness (in addition to the standard federal charitable tax deduction).
- Receive the Recognition You Deserve. By making a planned gift, you join a group of individuals who want to ensure that needed services are available in our community for years to come.
Specific Opportunities to Fit Your Interests
- Contribute to Golden Cradle Adoption Services's Endowment. Your gift can be dedicated to Golden Cradle Adoption Services's endowment fund. The interest from the endowment is dedicated to the organization, while the principal remains in perpetuity. Interest from Golden Cradle Adoption Services's endowment fund currently supports our programs and initiatives. However, in the future, it could help cushion the impact that an unforeseen challenge may have on the the adoption community.
- Support Personal Interests. You may have a specific interest to which you may wish to dedicate your gift. It may be birth parent support, children with special needs or finding homes for children with extraordinary needs..
- Support Specific Initiatives. Golden Cradle Adoption Services strives to anticipate emerging needs in our community and establishes initiatives that specifically address them. Current needs include After Adoption Support, Search and Education, Subsidized Adoptions for Children With Special Needs, and Birth Family Support and Educaiton. Other new partnerships are formed as needs emerge. You may wish to support these types of programs.
- Perpetuate your Annual Gift. If you already have been giving regularly to Golden Cradle Adoption Services, you're familiar with the quality programs that you're supporting. By perpetuating your annual gift, your generosity will endure into the future.To find out more, e-mail email@example.com.
Disclaimer: All information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. Golden Cradle Adoption Services requires every donor to seek competent and relevant legal and tax opinions (or sign a waiver that they have been advised to do so) before entering into a planned gift arrangement with Golden Cradle Adoption Services.